Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Okay. I can do this. Officially at week 1 of VLCD

I was so discouraged yesterday and close to tears most of the day. I felt tired, hungry, and helpless, not to mention fat. I had what felt like the worst depressing PMS symptoms I've experienced in a very, very long time. I'm feeling a little better today.

I'm down another .8 pounds. Today is exactly one week since I started the very low calorie portion of this protocol. That day I weighed in at 168.7 pounds (close to my all time high of 169). Today I weigh in at 162.2. 6.5 pounds down in a week. I am not going to sneeze at that. Besides, this weight loss is different than most - it's fat being lost, not water and muscle. It could potentially be lost forever, not quickly piling back on.

I had an epiphany last night too about the way I'm storing my hCg. I have it in a small plastic spray bottle. Plastic. It dawned on me that that too could be slowing things down. I will switch to glass the next batch (which should start any time now).

I'm going to stick with this, no matter how slow. I'll lose as much as I can in the next 50+ days and if I don't reach my goal by that time, I'll move to phase 3 through the first of the year and start again after the first, though I suspect I'll be right close to where I want to be if not actually at my goal.

I can do this, I can do this, I can do this...

No comments: