Friday, February 6, 2009

Down a pound. Phew. The average is .75 a day now

136.6 this morning. Total of 6 pounds down in 8 days (3 load pounds). I had definitely hoped for more this early but I am determined to just goooooooo with the flowwwwwww. I need to lose 3.5 a week to get to 118 (my new goal) by March 15 but we'll see.

The BIG news is I am LESS THAN 10 pounds away from a healthy BMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I experimented yesterday a bit. I did 160 grams of halibut for lunch and 1 scoop of egg white protein powder for dinner. This gave me a little extra protein without the added fat. I am going to go back to normal today and see what tomorrow brings. I am seriously considering doing 1 scoop of protein powder for breakfast and dinner and 100 grams of chicken or fish for lunch. Extra protein without the extra fat. I think I'm craving the protein because of my upcoming TOM. My only concern is that I know that deviating from the protocol is risking not stabilizing in P3/P4. Then again, they didn't have these egg white protein shakes when Dr. S was around. I don't know, I don't know! I stabilized so beautifully in P3 last time.

Thanks for all the support!!

3 comments:

Beaker said...

Hurray for you! And for us! All three of us had good losses today--you, me and Beb.

I know how you feel. It's tough to know whether to deviate from protocol slightly for better results, or if that will cause problems later on.

There was a lot they didn't have to deal with in Simeon's day. Go with your intuition, I guess.

helderheid said...

Thanks Beaker. I'm doing some investigating and we'll see. I really want this to be my last round!

BEB said...

I hope the egg protein is working out. It sounds like your overall calories would still be in range, so if it works, I say 'go for it.'

Your average is great!