Thursday, July 8, 2010

P3 Day 15 - 113.7 ( -1.7 , -2.9 of LDW)

First, the news you've been waiting for.

My surgeon checked the lump and said he wasn't worried. He said he thought it was normal breast tissue that had moved due to the lift. I said "Well, if you're not worried, I'm not worried." and he laughed and said, "If it were only that easy! I know you're going to worry so regardless, I want to see you near the holidays and I will check it again.".

Have I mentioned how much I like this guy? He told me to keep checking it as I know what it feels like and if it changes to make an appointment. He's right too. I left the office feeling totally confident that I'm fine, and this morning I'm right back to worrying about it! I'll keep an eye on it and if it changes, we'll do a biopsy.

So the drop. That truly wasn't intentional, I swear! I was soooo nervous about my closings that I literally couldn't eat. By the time my nerves had calmed, I didn't have time to eat. I got home after all was said and done at 6:30. My wine meet up began at 7! Needless to say, I was running around like a freak getting ready. Fortunately, my dear husband and kids had done some preparation for me. So, the only thing I could have was brie at the party. I just didn't eat enough is what it comes down to. I will remedy that today!

Those closings I mentioned aren't a completely done deal so I have more work today, as well as the follow up with the doctor about my hormones.  I think I may be able to relax a bit tomorrow!

Off to catch up with you guys! Thanks for being here for me. It means so much.

EDITED TO ADD:

Blood test results showed my thyroid was low again so he's upping my dose by twice as much, and that my testosterone is low and started me on DHEA. 

7 comments:

Lis said...

What a relief!!! I am so glad that you went just to be sure. What a good doc~ glad that he has scheduled a follow up for you!!

How funny that you didnt gain from not eating enough, or maybe thats just me. I think my body looks for any excuse to hold onto weight! How was you meet up??

Love and hugs to you, busy lady!

helderheid said...

Thanks Lis! I think it was the lack of carbs more than anything that caused the drop. Thanks SO much for checking in on me!! :)

K said...

It's so good to hear that everything is okay. It is strange but good that you didn't gain from not eating enough. Do you think you will need to do a steak day or will that make you lose even more. Either way, it's a good place to be put since you're on day 15 already, being only 0.9 under the +/-2 may not really make a difference in the stabilization/resetting because you've stabilized so well thus far.

What a nice pic you attached!You look so peaceful.

lavenderdiva said...

You look like you're very relaxed and enjoying a nice evening in your photo! You earned it!

I'm so glad that your Dr. gave you a good going over, and it wasn't anything to really worry about. Also glad that he revised your thyroid medication. Maybe you will notice a change in your weight because of that??? hmmmm. I don't know.

I hope you have a stress-free weekend planned! You need it after this week-

love you!

helderheid said...

I am SO glad to hear from you all! I know it may sound silly, but I so look forward to hearing from you, more than I can say!

I am really hoping I don't lose tomorrow but ALL I had was steak today because I was running around and only had that as far as meat to eat. I fear I'll have a drop (who ever thought I'd EVER say THAT?!). Well, I did have champagne too... it's tradition when I have closings.

Love you guys! I still have some after work to do, but plan on really laying low the next few days!

helderheid said...

Love you guys. Just need to make that clear. LD, Lis, and Kathryn, I mean it. Thanks so much. No, I'm not drunk. ;)

Jen Payne said...

So happy it was not serious! And what a nice drop this morning :) You look great and life seems good. Enjoy!