Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 25 VLCD 121.5 (+.9, total release 11.8 pounds)

My breasts are killing me and we're nearing a full moon. I do believe this blip is TOM! I'll do a steak day today and see if that corrects this petite blip! I know TOM is near as my chocolate cravings are OUT OF CONTROL. I fell into the Walden Farms chocolate - the dip and the sauce with a touch of peppermint stevia - peppermint patty! Still, the good Dr. never said anything about Walden Farms being P2 compliant.

So, to prepare myself for the interruption on the trip, I went back to P&I to re-read what it had to say. I was a little worried when I read about the increase to 800 calories...


Unforeseen Interruptions of Treatment

If an interruption of treatment lasting more than four days is necessary, the patient must increase his diet to at least 800 calories by adding meat, eggs, cheese, and milk to his diet after the third day, as otherwise he will find himself so hungry and weak that he is unable to go about his usual occupation. If the interval lasts less than two weeks the patient can directly resume injections and the 500-calorie diet, but if the interruption lasts longer he must again eat normally until he has had his third injection.

When a patient knows beforehand that he will have to travel and be absent for more than four days, it is always better to stop injections three days before he is due to leave so that he can have the three days of strict dieting which are necessary after the last injection at home. This saves him from the almost impossible task of having to arrange the 500 calorie diet while en route, and he can thus enjoy a much greater dietary freedom from the day of his departure. Interruptions occurring before 20 effective injections have been given are most undesirable, because with less than that number of injections some weight is liable to be regained. After the 20th injection an unavoidable interruption is merely a loss of time.

So, it looks like the 800 calories really is for those who aren't travelling longer than 4 days, and that my plan to start P3 and go back to P2 so long as it has been less than 2 weeks from the last dose will work. I sure hope so, especially with the blip I just had! I really am depending on that last vial to get me where I want to be with a nice comfortable cushion.

I have so much to do sorting wise and quite frankly, I am procrastinating so I best get to it. :)

Thanks again for the comments! Knowing you're "out there" is such a comfort!!

No comments: